Friday, January 13, 2006

The journey begins!

Hey girls,
I loved April's idea of having blog to post updates on how we are all doing and what is working for us! I'll try and get some cool things posted on here to help us keep track and stay focused!

As for before/after pictures, if you aren't able to post them on here, send them to me and I'll post them!

Today I got up at 6 and went down to the gym in Rapid City. The owners go to our church and he owns another business that does business with Colby a lot, so they gave us access to their gym for free! Right now the treadmill doesn't work and the only other cardio machine is a stair-climber. I did the stair-climber for about 5 minutes before my legs were burning! So I didn't do that for long, and spent the rest of my 35 min. cardio time power walking in circles around the room! After that I did a few of the weight machines and some crunches. So for me, I went to the gym twice this week. I feel pretty good about that, but of course I'm impatient also, and wish I could see results now! The gym I went to this morning had too many mirrors, and I could really see how much I've gained. It was really depressing!

Anyway, just got to keep at it if I want to see something different in the mirror!!

One thing I've found about working out: since I'm breastfeeding, I need to drink a lot of water the day I go to the gym and sweat a lot otherwise I get dehydrated and get a bad headache. So my goal is to get in the habit of drinking 3 quarts of water a day. That will also help with craving food and sugar and drinking pop!

Beginning stats: Lisa J.
Weight: 146 on gym scales
Waist: 34
Thighs: 23.5
Arms: 10.5
Weight Lost: 0

Next week I'll measure up again! I know one thing for sure, I'm not losing it as quickly as I did with Joshua!

Good Luck to all of you!
Lisa

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Old Logger Productions said...

I sure wish I knew how to add my profile to this site. I would tell you how much I weigh, and my measurements. email me, and I will tell you all that, and I guess you will have to do all the posting. I didn't do any exercises today, and Wanda took me to the Olive Garden.. so you know what that spells... Calories...!! I did encourage Wanda to buy a work out video... does that count? Ok, I plan on going for a long walk tomorrow, rain or shine.. Love ya, Mom..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home